WDDM Driver for Intel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WDDM Driver for Intel

Forum to inform it's readers about progress on creating a WDDM driver for the intel 915GM/GMS 910 GML Express Chipset

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update And Background on this project.

Go down 
+5
JasonL98
slask
yohansy
Simxx18
xavier
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xavier
Admin

Update And Background on this project. Empty
PostSubject: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:03 am

I would like to take this time to update you all on the project status within my personal inner circle and also give you an idea of who I am.

Many have also come to me asking for A beta version of drivers when they become available.

I'd like to address A couple thing at this point.

My Background....

I'm a former UDRP with OpenSRS. Tweaking and modding computer systems has long since been A hobby of mine ever since to beginnings days of Tweak3D.NET started way back in 95.

I have little knowledge of intel's internal command stucture however I begin to get the feeling they are allot more concerned with there interests in battling with other new chip makers beginning to hit the open marketplace such as sun and amd. And less interested in there end users here.

I have resources at my disposal that others may not mainly allot of years under my belt creating relationships with key members of the driver development community.

Few people have also requested to donate to this venture that I and a few other brave souls have undertaken.
Rest assured at this point in time there is no need.

I would like this forum to be a place mainly to discuss the core issue of WDDM compatibility.
This shouldn't be A place to discuss anything outside of the realm of the core problem.

If you have A free 3RD party solution then by all means we would love to hear from you , however if your trying to peddle a special intrest then there are other forums for that.

Please stay on topic and on point , we need a key fix to enable WDDM emulation or support MAINLY

Update...

As far as an update goes I hope to have something out to you guys before the end of THIS UPCOMING school year.

Me and my Administrator are working avidly after hours to secure outsourced help for minor testing and to establish A plan of action of R&D.
We are also putting together A plan of action AND of release.

Pledges.
Should the need for excess legal expenses acure we may need a fallback fund in order to secure legal defense Vs intel.

If you would like to donate via A escrow only fund , let me know here And I will keep your pledge in A record incase that need arise.

Other ways you can help.

MSDN Access.

Currently our offices here are in transition (Our licence renewal is up) with our MSDN licence we are asking anyone with MSDN access to step up before the end of next week.

A personal note:

I would like to just put A personal note here .

I have a personal life so please respect my privacy and other members of this board as well.
PLEASE do not attempt to contact me with regards to releasing any files.
Back to top Go down
https://SourceForge.NET/projects/intel915wddm/
xavier
Admin

PostSubject: Where you will find BETA drivers when they are released.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:11 am

I have been working with sourceforge the past few days on securing large amounts of bandwidth for release of any of my ALPHA and BETA compilations.

You can find them here when they become available.
You may also submit files or workarounds to be posted there.
PM me or Post them here , I will review them and ill put em up .

https://sourceforge.net/projects/intel915wddm
Back to top Go down
Simxx18

PostSubject: reply   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:18 pm

thanks for updating us xavier! - we will wait as long as you need Smile
Back to top Go down
yohansy

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 4:38 pm

thanks Xavier are thanked for to you
Back to top Go down
SESSE

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 5:52 pm

cheers cheers THANKS A LOT XAVIER cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
opSn

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 3:01 am

what exactly does "the end of this upcoming school year" mean?

May/June '08?
Back to top Go down
JasonL98

PostSubject: MSDNAA   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 4:13 am

Hey Xavier, i dont have an MSDN subscription but i do have MSDNAA access, i dont know if whatever resources you need will be available to me but i can try to find out if you give me an idea of what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
Simxx18

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:31 pm

opSn wrote:
what exactly does "the end of this upcoming school year" mean?

May/June '08?

yes i found that confusing too... Question
Back to top Go down
JohnnyB

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:42 pm

For all I know this is the September 2007.What.... never have not gone to school??? lol!
Back to top Go down
slask

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:09 pm

i also thought that it would be Sep 2007.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Before june   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 11:20 pm

"Before the end of this upcoming school year"

Where in August now so that means the upcomming school year is september.

I'm sure that will mean a release before June 08.

I can see how this is confusing for some in different contries who's school year begin and end in different months.
Back to top Go down
xavier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 11:25 pm

guest wrote:
"Before the end of this upcoming school year"

Where in August now so that means the upcomming school year is september.

I'm sure that will mean a release before June 08.

I can see how this is confusing for some in different contries who's school year begin and end in different months.

Thats it.

Jay ,

Thanks that would be great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xavier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:43 pm

Jayson please get intouch with the proper credentials , as my office will be without access until the start of next week.(probably)
Back to top Go down
JasonL98

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 7:02 am

Sorry Xavier but i dont know what you mean by the proper credentials (sorry bout the slow response, just moved back to college so things were a lil crazy)
Back to top Go down
xavier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 7:22 am

The live ID and pass.
Back to top Go down
JasonL98

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 7:34 am

I already have a live ID and password i just dont know what you need me to find. I just am a subscriber to MSDNAA not MSDN so i dont know if it will work.
Back to top Go down
xavier
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 7:34 pm

Right now where doing allot of work with silverlight as well as slipstreaming update packs.

However we would need direct access.
Back to top Go down
louis

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:46 pm

go xavier! lets see this beta rollin!
Back to top Go down
flyinghi

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:48 am

Oh yea....what he said - go xavier Very Happy as I too would like to see this happen as well as thousands of others that Intel crapped on. I understand Microsoft is preventing the WDDM from happening but I know Intel could work around that.
Back to top Go down
martin

PostSubject: wddm   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:22 pm

xavier, hope you´ll get it done! greeetz, martin
Back to top Go down
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 12:56 am

Any news? Sleep
Back to top Go down
zoomy942

PostSubject: good job   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:01 pm

let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
xavier
Admin

PostSubject: Just want to give you guys a heads up on a couple of things.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 12:46 am

In the next couple of days , i'm going to address all of the questions here that I have missed.

Last week I had taken A much needed vacation with my family.

A couple of quick notes...

It looks like the first open builds will not be using the original installer , packager , or compressed inflater of any kind , seeing how I am trying to shy away from any packager that Intel or MicroSoft currently use (No short of MSI) , I think it is important that it will be able to work on both MAC OS as well as Windows to start.

Not to turn anyone off but further down the line , some type of web based installer would be a viable solution. (Much like DriverUpdate's site)

This is something we need to start A new thread on once A prototype is stable enough to publicly test.

For people that would like to test future open builds I would like to ask everyone to put a brief description of your computing skills somewhere in your signature on this forum.
As well a blurb about your system specifications.

Me and my admin have also re-opened the RentACoder request for A designer for the GUI. The link you can find on Intel's (Josh Bancroft's) blog.

A couple of people in the past few days have also asked me if they could make large monetary contributions in respect they could become first hand beta testers.
If anyone here feels the need to do so please use the anonymous sourceforge donation process system.

All donations will go directly to my administrator who is overseeing this project.

I can't say for sure that you will become a beta tester faster than anyone else , but lets just say for now ill put you at the top of the "list" .

I would also like to welcome a new developer to my team (Dan Cagara) who is taking on the task of developing the backend for structure of the new build of driver that is going to be used to help us in our goal of getting a full fledged wddm fix.
His past experience of reverse engineering intel drivers will be most helpfull.

That's all for now , if you have any suggestions for a packager now is the time to make them.

PS:

On a lighter note TrueTransparency has been updated yet again , this time to include much needed options allong with a option to run at startup and switch themes on the fly.
Back to top Go down
zoomy942

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:24 pm

my sig has been updated for you.
Back to top Go down
JasonL98

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:52 pm

my signature has also been updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update And Background on this project.   Update And Background on this project. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update And Background on this project.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next